I almost cried! (pics added)

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I went out this morning to check on everyone & saw that my adorable babies, Owen & Izzy, are both getting in their 'hard' feathers!! i nearly cried!
hit.gif

DSCN3315.JPG

DSCN3316.JPG

Last edited:
Don't scare me like that! I was afraid it was really bad news...LOL My little pilgrim goslings are now five weeks old and getting their "hard" feathers. I can still see lots of downy stuff though
wink.png
Love them to pieces.
love.gif

Awww, it's so sad when those sweet little babies grow up! I was looking at some pics of my little 'chatter-box', I can't believe he was so small when I got him! He doesn't look all that big right now, but compared to how big he was as a day-old, it's just amazing. He is starting to get his wing feathers, and has tail feathers already. I know it's just a matter of time before he is a mean old goose!
lol.png

Just like kids, you gotta love 'em good when they are little, they grow up too fast!
smile.png

Last edited:
Do your 6-9 week olds nibble on you... well sort of bite even when they are hand raised? Yesterday they were both biting on me when I held them, I was getting really frustrated, and then, what and when do you do what to discourage?
OP, didn't mean to jump in your post, but I thought I would ask folks with little ones... jenn

Mine nibble on me..owen soemtimes tries to eat my hair but they don't bite hard.

My scovy babies were getting really mean last week and this weekend, they have mellowed out thankfully but some people on here said they get moody when theyre growing in their feathers because the new shafts are very sensitive & can be painful.

Do whatever it takes to keep them from nibbling on you, that only turns into a big goose thinking it's okay to bite. If that means not holding them, then sobeit, you don't want the babies 'nibbling' on you when they get older. About the only way to make sure they won't be biters as adults is to not mess with them when they are babies. Impossible, I know, but that's what has to be done
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom