I am bad :(

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Well I candled a few eggs today and it is day 4. Yes I am bad!
sad.png

I only candled about 6, but I feel like this batch is going to be a dud.
barnie.gif

I have 3 very pourous eggs.......no sighn of a shadow or anything. What do you think I should do?
These are Jodys eggs too....
hit.gif

Then there is one where the shadow is following the egg if I tilt it just a little bit.
hu.gif

Some others look ok, but the shadow is very small and at the top of the egg.
I have seen lots of candling pictures and when they show day 4 the shadow is usually coving the egg more.
Ohh maybe I am just wayyyy to impatient. I know I am!!!!!!!
smack.gif

Anyone know about these eggs or have candled this early???
hu.gif

Thanks eveyone for your support!

You candled too early! Even an experienced candler like me waits several more days, even if I'm pretty sure an egg's embryo has died. They can fool you! Hang in there and dont toss anything till after Day 10 unless it starts to smell bad.

Only thing I can see at day 4 is the start of a vein and that is on white eggs. But I wait till day 7 or 10 to make sure. Good Luck on your hatch. I have a batch going in tomorrow.

Thank you poison...I know I am insane
sad.png

I will not do anymore looking until day 9! Is that a good time? Should I wait longer?

Are these my orpie eggs? If so, 4 days is wayyy too early to see through those brown shells. I can barely tell on them at 7 days and usually wait until day 10 to candle to be sure what I am seeing. Good luck, I sure hope the shipping didn't wipe them out. Those are typically my best and most aggressive hatchers. Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

Jody

Will do Jody!
I will keep you updated.
Yea it is very early....
so the pourous ones probably are just fine.
Day 9 is on Sunday or Monday I think so I will keep you updated.
I am keeping my fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Good dark orpington eggs can be tricky to candle unless you have experience with them. Wait until day 10 and even then any you are not sure on leave until day 14.

Lucky you are not doing Marans!

Back
Top Bottom