I am *considering* getting a Polish hen. I do not know where to get one, however, that is around 16-20 weeks old.

BudgieKing15

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
Winston-Salem NC
I am considering getting a Polish hen! Preferably 16-20 weeks old. I live in Winston-Salem, NC. Any color is fine. I already have four ISA Brown hens, but they are very friendly. Thanks in advance!

Murray McMurray hatchery sells started and full grown birds. Maybe they offer Polish? They have a nice website you could check out. And they ship across the US.

Thanks for the help. Sadly, I just looked at the site and they don't have Polish juveniles, and they are sold out of EEs. Oh well, I'll just keep looking.

I love the Polish breed! They are my favorite. Just know that they can sometimes get beat up by the others in the flock because of their crest. A lot of people cant keep them because their other birds hurt them so bad (which is sad) oh and don’t free range them, since they can’t see hawks, owls, eagles and such take them easily.
I have a broody coop for my silkies, and whatever birds I have them hatch then rear. I don't let them free range because they aren't exactly the best with predetor defenses, because they're not the best flyers and their feathers get in the way of seeing, so I have a tractor for them when its nice out. I really would love to add a few polish to the mix because they're my mom's favorites, haha. I'm hoping my silkies are small and docile enough for them!
I do however have almost 30 birds (a mix of chickens and turkeys) that I do let free range.

Back
Top Bottom