I am finally being who i want to be

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 23, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Thanks to all the wonderful people on here ( [​IMG] ) i have noticed that i'm my own person and that i'll be happiest chasing after what i want to do. already, i have talked to my parents about being a vet intern and i have talked to them about volunteering at a local (VERY local...three minutes away tops) horse rescue. i'm thrilled! i think i'm going there this weekend! also, i have decided to stop trying to act like my sister and have already found myself being nicer in general and saying things i normally wouldn't say because i would be too afraid. despite the fact i was trying to be outragiously nice like my sister, it only seemed to make me more sarcastic and "mean." i guess my wall is finally falling down because i am finally becoming confident with myself. i'm so happy now. i'm me, and theres nothing anyone can do about it. [​IMG]

thank you everyone for your kind words and advice when i was feeling very low and down. [​IMG] love you all! [​IMG]

2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    It's an amazing feeling isn't it. [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    This warms my heart. You go, girl!

4. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    That's so good. I'm happy for you. [​IMG]

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    yeah it is. i say things, and i can just tell that its 100% me, i'm not trying to impress anyone or be like anyone else, i'm just being who i am. in the long run, its all the matters.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am so proud of you! I was 27 before I figured that out. Keep it up, stay true to yourself honey! [​IMG]

8. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Good for you - I was in my mid-20s when I finally figured out that trying to be who I thought my parents wanted me to be just wasn't working out for any of us, and it seemed that everyone was happier when I finally gave up and started being myself. Be the best "you" you can be!

10. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    well all you guys, a couple songs (second chance, live like you were dying, and if today was your last day) and a nice duck rescuer helped me realize it. i had to write a paper about what age i wanted to be frozen at, and i was the only one that picked 30s-40s if i HAD to but otherwise i would just want to keep aging and keep learning. my teacher was so impressed! she kept telling the whole class how insightful i was....i was sitting there like...well i owe it all to my human poultry friends but okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by