I am finally being who i want to be

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
Thanks to all the wonderful people on here (
love.gif
) i have noticed that i'm my own person and that i'll be happiest chasing after what i want to do. already, i have talked to my parents about being a vet intern and i have talked to them about volunteering at a local (VERY local...three minutes away tops) horse rescue. i'm thrilled! i think i'm going there this weekend! also, i have decided to stop trying to act like my sister and have already found myself being nicer in general and saying things i normally wouldn't say because i would be too afraid. despite the fact i was trying to be outragiously nice like my sister, it only seemed to make me more sarcastic and "mean." i guess my wall is finally falling down because i am finally becoming confident with myself. i'm so happy now. i'm me, and theres nothing anyone can do about it.
wink.png

thank you everyone for your kind words and advice when i was feeling very low and down.
hugs.gif
love you all!
love.gif

yeah it is. i say things, and i can just tell that its 100% me, i'm not trying to impress anyone or be like anyone else, i'm just being who i am. in the long run, its all the matters.

Good for you - I was in my mid-20s when I finally figured out that trying to be who I thought my parents wanted me to be just wasn't working out for any of us, and it seemed that everyone was happier when I finally gave up and started being myself. Be the best "you" you can be!

well all you guys, a couple songs (second chance, live like you were dying, and if today was your last day) and a nice duck rescuer helped me realize it. i had to write a paper about what age i wanted to be frozen at, and i was the only one that picked 30s-40s if i HAD to but otherwise i would just want to keep aging and keep learning. my teacher was so impressed! she kept telling the whole class how insightful i was....i was sitting there like...well i owe it all to my human poultry friends but okay.

Back
Top Bottom