I am having a keet problem

vannoydawn

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
sad.png

I have a keet that hatched this morning and he can't seem to stand. He stayed in the hovabator till he dried off with the other two. I took them all out and put them in a box lined with paper towels. He still can't stand at first I thought he had splayed leg so I Took a pipe cleaner and made him a little splint. He still can't stand. His leg is not splayed outward but under him and kinda tuned inward so he just continually just flops over on his side kicking to get up cause he can't get a footing. I have a feeling if I don't do something soon nothing will be able to be done. I don't want to put him down. He's is so fiesty and vibrant.

Quote:
Hi, saw your post on the other forum... sorry to hear it didn't make it... I've had keets with twisted legs that lived several weeks crippled like that... maybe it wasn't formed right in the egg and the twisted leg was the only outward sign and it was not developed right on the inside either...

I tend to check the other forum first before this one. But I do get around to check all of them eventually.

Sometimes I get calls and emails from my own customers which of course takes time from me doing the forums.

Last edited:
I appreciate your reply, I was upset about it passing. I have a small flock so every keet is so very important to me. I recently lost my female so this was the last of her eggs until the other babies grow. I hope I have a few females her to replace her. Thanks Munchies for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom