I am just SO mad!

I would most definately have called animal control and reported that and push that they also get a fine and/or pay for any vet or dr. bills you might get. That would make me furious too (having had a neighbor call and complain resulting in a fine then theirs doing worse than that on MY proplerty). Don't let this one go and hopefully they'll get fined also...(what goes around comes around).

well if you need to go to the doctor or vet, go. i'd call animal control or the police at the moment and show them the injuries sustained by you and your rabbit. tell them that if they need treated the ones responsible should pay, whether they can or not is not in question. they will end up paying it off eventually. THEIR cat went on YOUR land and hurt YOU and YOUR rabbit, so it is THEIR problem with all the expenses.

I would be looking for some left over antibiotics then and just take them as a preventive... I worked a vet assistant for many years and have had some bad scratches... Luckily the vets would give me antibiotics.. I always seem to have some laying around... Just be careful with out we dont want you getting sickly.... and heres a
hugs.gif
for your bad day.

Also when a dog tried to get some of my bunnies once they shed like crazy for a few days .. I think its stress induced ,, just keep the lil guy quite and make him feel safe , lil shoebox in his house may help..

Quote:
If they can't afford the bills caused by their cat or get it shots, then they can't afford to own the cat. If they don't have proof of vaccination, insist that the cat be impounded.

I would certainly report it. an attack from an animal is not anything to take lightly. They should do a rabies quarentine even if it's been vaccinated (not always 100% effect) . Especially since it was so agressive.

I am for sure going to demand for something to be done. What if my kid had tried to pull the cat away. It would have been more at face level!

How is the bunny doing? (maybe I missed that part somewhere along the line?). If the bunny has any puncture wounds from the cat (you may not see them but they could be there) it will usually need several days of the right antibiotic in order to survive, begun very soon. A wildlife rehab center can advise re: this as I imagine many vets could as well. It is the small animals that are the most vulnerable to the bacteria in a cat's saliva. We big folk will usually be alright with a little TLC.
JJ

Back
Top Bottom