1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am just SO mad!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahFair, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

IMO, if they cannot pay for a dr bill or vet bill because of their animal then they SHOULD NOT HAVE ONE! OMG they have to realize ALL of the expenses that come with animals. Do they feed this cat, is that why he is trying to get a "drive through bunny meal?" What jerks!

2. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Cat scratches and punctures to most all animals can be deadly, but especially to rabbits and birds.
    Rabbits abcess and not always quickly, it can take a week or more, once they go septic there is hardly anything that can save them.

I would definately be getting You and the rabbit on some sort of antibiotic and soon. you never know what the dern thing is harboring. any cat acting as that one did is not necessarily healthy,
    Call the police and animal control, this could be a potential deadly problem for you,

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

All this stuff is the many reasons we keep our cats inside. Of course, if my stepdaughter would stop leaving her window open with no screen on it [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Now yall got me freaking ooooout!
    Poor Elvis seems to be doing ok.
    Hes hiding behind my kitching table that has a extra long table cloth for him to hide in.
    I dont want to corner him and scare him anymore.
    Im really debating on taking him to the vet.
    Maybe the AC lady can take a look when she gets here?
    I called probly about 430 and they close at five.
    Think they will come out after 5?
    Thankfully I only have one bad scratch but its over 6 inches long. By tomorrow it will be almost healed and not look so bad..

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    WOOOW! I was doing my dishes and look out the back window and what do I see?!
    The Cat! OMG! I was stalking one of my chickens! This cat had to go around about 160ft+ of fencing to get into my backyard! This cat just will NOT stop!
    I about let my dogs out on it but feared theyed rip it to shreds infront of the neighbors kids (if they were out there).
    I just opened my door and charged it. I picked up a piece of sawed off fencing and chunked it at it and it took off into the woods.
    I am just SO angry! WOOW!
    WOW! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Abusing antibiotics is what causes many of them to be ineffective in the future. Honestly, I wouldn't worry all that much about a serious infection or anything like that. Make sure it's clean. Clean it out with saline and apply neosporin heavily until it's completely healed. I've worked with feral cats before and have had many scratches. Other than scars (I'm prone to keiloids), I'm fine.

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    TSS Aint know way I could let that thing near my animals again.... Obviuosly it has some major issues... Ooo im gettin mad for you,,, [​IMG]

8. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Do you have a hose with a sprayer nearby? Wait out for him, next time he comes by, turn it on high and shoot him with it.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh I would not tolerate that for a second. I would be pounding on the neighbor's door with my bunny in hand and my scratches and letting her/him/them/it have an ear full. I would let them know under no uncertain terms that if the cat came onto my property again...it is bye bye kitty. Straight to the pound or a deep hole.

My arm recently got very infected from a cat scratch even though I cleaned it, neosporin and did all that to it. I had to go to the doctor over it. My roomie's cat just suddenly ran from his room through the cat door and jumped on me in the kitchen. Little sucker was biting my arm and scratching my waist. I got it off me and I punted the cat across the livingroom. I have given roomie the one and ONLY warning he will get about the cat. Next time...cat is gone.

I do not like them and I am not going to be scratched up by one of the yowling demons in my house or on my property, especially if it is not mine!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  10. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Quote:Me too - plenty of scratches from rescues etc and no worries. Soap, water, neosporin! (noting that there are exceptions - sometimes humans do need additional treatment)

But Sarah - the bunny is a different story - if saliva got into any scratch or puncture, antibiotic is called for according to the wildlife rehab centers I've dealt with. And you do need to act quickly on this.

JJ

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by