I am never going to figure out which one to get!.....incubators

Kidhenduckohmy

Songster
8 Years
Jun 18, 2012
Upper Michigan
So I can get an incubator. I will be ordering one within the month, if I can decide on which one! I seem to be tossing two around.
Hovabrator 1583, cheap incubator with good reviews(better reviews than 1588) Good for first time hatcher just to figure out market in area. But I have to wait 21 days between hatches. Hard to clean.

Or....an extreme opposite

1502 sportsman. Good reviews. Holds a lot of eggs! I could hatch every week. But, very expensive!

Husband says to get larger one. But I just wonder if it is worth it.

Good grief! Why is it so hard?!

Hi,

I don't use incubators, so i am not in a position to offer any advice. I did a quick search and you may want to check out these links

https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=incubator+models

Guess the model (or rather, cost) depends on the number of eggs you want to set and the frequency of hatching. I have read that for small scale stuff members seem to be happy with Brinsea, but there's gotta be lots of others that do the job equally as well i would have thought.

Happy reading

CT

So I can get an incubator. I will be ordering one within the month, if I can decide on which one! I seem to be tossing two around.
Hovabrator 1583, cheap incubator with good reviews(better reviews than 1588) Good for first time hatcher just to figure out market in area. But I have to wait 21 days between hatches. Hard to clean.

Or....an extreme opposite

1502 sportsman. Good reviews. Holds a lot of eggs! I could hatch every week. But, very expensive!

Husband says to get larger one. But I just wonder if it is worth it.

Good grief! Why is it so hard?!
You could get the Hovabator for incubation, and buy a cheaper styro for hatching. Then you could run the Hovabator, adding eggs weekly and moving the lockdown eggs to the hatcher. Just make sure you mark eggs with dates so that you know how to rotate them out for lockdown. (And you'd still be hatching every week.) Or get two hovabators- and keep them both incubating and hatching for less than the sportsman would be. lol

I have 2 little,and I bought a gennis 1588 a few weeks ago best one ive have had silkies going to hatch next week.It has preset temp and you never have to touchThe.Humidity is very easy to regulate.its full of silkie eggs.

I have 2 little giants and recently bought a gennis 1588.Ist hatch power went out night before hatch.The second hatch is well under way.I will buy another .Gennis as soon as I can.Heres my new candler on top.

.I just got the adapter to hook to a car battery.The pre set temp is spot on and humidinty is easy to regulate.All the eggs have babies in them.I love it,no more turning.Im sure going to have a bunch of silkies this time.I have about 50 quail eggs in one of the other little giants.

Hoping I picked right! Chick's should hatch in less than two weks!

Back
Top Bottom