I AM SICK OF MY NEIGHBORS DOGS

I have neighbors all around me - some with chickens, donkeys, goats, even a horse in a backyard LOL
but these are the only dogs that run free and right into my livingroom.
I can walk right up to the dogs and pet them if I wanted - even know thier names , they are nice dogs - but they are to friendly - does that make sense ?

Can anyone give me advice on Clyde ? why is he making this wierd noise ? why is he walking kinda sideways ? would a broken wing just hang - or could he hold it normally ?
I cant walk right up and pick him up - he dont like that - but if I corner him I can pick him ( he will kick and fuss alittle but will calm down ).
Is he in shock ? what should I do for him ?

Julie

A paintball gun sounds good.I have 2 myself or you can go with the old time rock salt in the shotgun shell.
th.gif

Good luck,
Ed

what can I do for him- if anything. up till now he was just making this really weird noise - kinda like he was looking for something or a confused sound ? I wish I could describe it better , but now he is crowing but still not walking all that normal.

Julie

i know this may sound painful and others may have another answer but see if you can carefully spread his wing. if he makes a weird noise or sounds like he is in pain then stop and it could be sprayned. also check to see if a bone is broken in the wing. just glide your finger down the bone and see if there is a crack. I would be making weird noises to if some dog or kid did that to me. others may have other answers. He also could be in shock. how is his heart rate? was it fast or has it slowed down?

Yea, if there's no blood, I don't know much you *can* do for him. If hes holding it in place it'll fall back in line. It's not like he's the type of bird that needs it to fly on a daily basis. Can you see his skin to see if there is internal bleeding at all?
Kristi

I would have to agree that if you can put a leash on them then take them for a ride. Go to the pound or the next state or somewhere that they will either have to get pair for on their release or where they won't come visit you anymore. I am not for making them someone elses problem but you need to cure it from being your problems.

Clyde thinks he needs his wings for flying - since he is always flying up into the tree or on top of the chicken coop to crow LOL

I have been watching him from the window - I have seen him drink alittle , when I can grab him I will check his wing again- for anything out of place or not normal looking - when I was holding him right after the attack - at the time his heart was racing - but other than walking kinda funny - he seems fine -

I know it is silly to be this upet over him - when he looks fine and he is not bleeding or anything, but Clyde is " the other man " in my life LOL

I never knew I could love this little roo so much.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom