I AM SICK OF MY NEIGHBORS DOGS

Hi Julie,

I think Clovis is a long way away, but at least we are kind of close. I am just across the state line into Colorado.

I will also look for anything I can use to spray in the mouth/face of these dogs that will give them a nasty reminder to stay away from the flock.

Just pay attention to which way the wind is blowing... Plain old dishsoap should do the trick. If you have a hose end feeder handy (one of those Miracle Gro type things) you could even hook it to your hose and blast them with soapy water.

Cheers,
Michelle​

Don't bother to CALL the police, GO there. Or, like someone said, tie the dog up, and when they come home, make them call the police to get it back.

But, I think the best answer is to take them to the pound like the others have said. I've had my dogs get loose and have to spend the night in the puppy pokey. It gets real expensive real fast. In fact, when you see them on your property, just open the car door, most dogs love to go for a ride. Once those pound bills start adding up, they may change their mind.

This just occured to me except it was 2 roaming dogs with no collars. I have an iglu that the literally tore the front panel completely off. I will be securing it with more than the plastic round do-hickeys that came with the run, thinking tie wraps to secure the front panel & carabiner's for the doors. All of mine were killed.

But I am also gong to "paint" the run with Dave's Insanity Sauce.
When I had a puppy that would not quit chewing electrical cords I painted that on a few.....he did not even like to look @ them after that...you may wanna try it. After a good rain you will have to reapply - I will never be complacent about predator proofing with this ever again. In the city new dogs are are coming and going all the time.......
just a thought.

Got to go change my signature line.....

Well I would say a bb or pellet gun could help. My dh keeps saying we need one, for the dogs we have roaming. We will be getting one this weekend. Or some rat posion in some raw meat. (ok please do not yell at me just a thought). Sorry about your little guy. Hope he is doing better. They really pull at your heart, they are a part of the family really.

It is not the dogs fault it is the owner who is at fault. The best way in my mind is to hit them in the wallet. If they have to pay fines and bills they just may wise up. Or they may not:duc

i had a similar problem with my neighbors cats. I live in a residential area. they had 3 that they just let run around. they would come into my yard and hunt. I called animal control, they went to the house and told them their pets arn't allowed to roam free. they did not seem to care. animal control told me they would put a trap out and try to catch them, if they did they people would have to come down there and pay a fine to get them back. they also told me i have the right to protect my pets. they caught one and it was back the next day. so I gave the owners every chance i could, but they just didn't get it. now they don't have cats anymore. you be nice as long as you can but eventually you have to not be nice. check the laws, and do what you have to. your allowed to have pets too.

also they told me I could get in trouble if i hurt it, but i was alowed to kill them. so if you have to... kill it, don't mess around if you injur it you could find your self in hot water.

good luck.

Last edited:
flip, did the cats harm any of the beings in your care? Hope not. Cats are a lot harder to "contain" but usually don't harm adult chickens or other pets (tho there are exceptions).
JJ

Unfortunately these ijits are the type that you can bet would go out and get more dogs to let run loose...

I like the Hot Sauce idea...
Ammonia is a bit harsh
A big old spray bottle will do!
Or a Supersoaker...My DS has a ton of those foolish things.

I totally know your frustration
I had a similar experience with my neighbors and they did not take it seriously either.
I happened to be on vacation around this problem time and am a fairly good shot with a BB gun.
Lets just say .... that dog doesn't come within 20 feet of our property!
Good Luck
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom