I am so mad...I could....I could....

Status
Not open for further replies.

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Let me give you a little backup on this story....Last summer, 2 of the neighbors cats decided they would rather live here, ( where there is food and shelter) than at thier "owners" home. These are outside cats...mainly because I am just in no place right now to take in 2 cats...I have 4 inside dogs. So, the cats hang out here, bring me"presents" of mice and moles...I give them warm milk on the really cold nights...and feed them. We have become used to them hanging out...and I have named them. Chubs, and kiki. Chubs is a little more standoffish...kiki, is a shoulder cat. He rides on my shoulder every day, when I go to the coop. So...thats the backround...here is the latest.
Sunday...I go out, and there is Chubs on the porch...no kiki. I called..nothing..Hmmm, he is normally right there....waiting on his ride. All day, I call for him...no Kiki. So...I leave food for him, figuring he will come later. I get up this morning to put out food...and there is Kiki. Laying on his side, on my porch...stiff...cold..and crying!! My first thought is he has been hit by a car. I get him in the carrier, call the vet, and rush him in. Well....he was not hit by a car...he was SHOT!! SOME SOB SHOT THIS POOR CAT!!!!! $100.00 later...he is resting in my garage...on pain meds and antibiotics. I just cant believe....someone would just shoot a cat...for NO reason! He is NOT aggresive towards chickens...he sleeps in one of the coops on extremely cold nights. We live pretty far out in the country..there are a few other cats around here...and I just cant see why someone would just shoot him. My poor little kiki. He is such a sweet cat...he didnt fuss much when the vet was palpateing his leg, to make sure there were no broken bones. I can not afford the X ray..so we are going with the meds, and hopeing all is well. Please say a little prayer for Kiki... here is a pic.. such a sweetie!
603_kiki.jpg

Poor baby.
There are some sick people in the world.

I'm glad you're there to take care of Kiki. I know it's expensive, at a time when $ is tight all over. But I do believe you will be rewarded somewhere down the line. Karma is real. And you are very deserving of good fortune!!!!

hit.gif
it breaks my heart that people are so sick to shoot a pet!...someone probably got mad at it for going in their yard....maybe getting in their garbage...or killing wild birds in their yard....same way people just shoot dogs for being dogs and being in their yards!...makes me sick!.....
somad.gif
....instead of catching the animal and bringing it to a shelter (or calling animal control) its much easier to just shoot it and make it suffer..
roll.png
....idiots! i'm getting real sick of people blaming the animals instead of the OWNERS!....
rant.gif
.....and thats MY rant of the day....
hide.gif

Poor guy
sad.png
That is so sad that people feel they have to hurt or kill innocent animals just "because". I will keep Kiki in my thoughts! I hope the poor little fella has a safe and fast recovery!

Hope Kiki gets well soon
hugs.gif

Some people are just like that. I remember when I was a kid I was petting a stray and some teenage boy came along, called the cat over and kicked it.
somad.gif
he walked away laughing. Some people are just plain mean.

People are just mean to shoot a pet. My old neighbors were like that. Glad they moved. Well actually they lost there house because they couldn't make the mortgage. I didn't feel sorry for THEM!

I'm so sorry! Hope it recovers FAST! Hope it was merely an accident on someone's part.

It shows how much you mean to that cat that he came to you instead of his "owners" home.... I will never in my entire life undertstand cruelty to animals. EVER! Makes me raving mad reading about this poor kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom