I am so mad right now.........:(

Wow, Redhen...pretty harsh. I think the OP was more upset about looking forward to a great bonding day with the girls, not so much someone PAYING for the pedi. I get so ticked when people back out of stuff that was planned, BY THEM, for weeks. She has EVERY right the be hurt and offended here. She isn't expecting a gift, she was looking forward to the time together.

I'm afraid if I went in for a pedicure, I wouldn't have enough money in the world for someone else to touch my feet. (or they wouldn't have strong enough power grinders and abrasives)

I would be a little hurt but more from looking forward to the time spent having a pedicure with those two people than anything else.
idunno.gif

Quote:
More like relaxing and pampered than fun.
smile.png

Warm soak in a water jet thingy. Feet oiled and wrapped in hot towels, sanded and callouses removed, cuticles trimmed and lotioned. Nails trimmed and painted.
Calves massaged...

Great. Now I have to go sell a chicken so I go get one....
big_smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

Warm soak in a water jet thingy. Feet oiled and wrapped in hot towels, sanded and callouses removed, cuticles trimmed and lotioned. Nails trimmed and painted.
Calves massaged...

big_smile.png

lau.gif

Hey we should start a pedicure swap.

Quote:
I did ask them and they said that they didnt know if my hubby was going to get me a gift certificute to go. My point is even if he did now I got to go alone and it is much funner to go with people espically on your b-day.

Sounds like they wanted to get out of paying.
rant.gif

I'd just go by myself. I actually LIKE to spend time by myself - who wants to spend time with backstabbers anyway? I've never had a pedicure before - it sounds wonderful!

that was a little catty, if it was planned.

I hate going to get a pedicure, I got foot fungus once from improper cleaning at their salon. Couldn't pay me to go now! so think of it that way.

Than ask hubby to give you one himself. They are always the best, foot rubbins, painting the nails....ahhhh good stuff.

Quote:
I wasnt harsh at all.. I was polite as can be while still being truthful...
Just stated my opinion. I was truthful.. i'm not going to candy coat what i want to say to please you or anyone.

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

Calves massaged...

big_smile.png

lol.png
lau.gif
that was funny.. we can go together..

If they said they were going to take you to get a pedicure, they committed themselves to it, and when they went without you, they broke their promise. However, if the plan was about going together, and nothing was said about paying for you as a birthday present or definite arrangements made, then perhaps you had a different understanding than they did. From the sound of their reply, it does not seem that they had planned to treat you, and it sounds like they felt the cost was more than they chose to spend. And it also sounds like they did not feel that the plans were firm.

I would be hurt to be excluded from what I thought was a planned activity, but I can't say the idea of a pedicure has a strong appeal. More of a mixed one--I worry about fungal infections which are a bear to get rid of--if you ever can.

So, find another friend to invite to go pedicuring with you, and treat yourself.

Back
Top Bottom