I am starting to get suspicious...

OtterCreekRanch

Songster
8 Years
Mar 16, 2011
NE Texas
The back story...
So July 1st placed an order with Ideal for 6 blue OEGB and a few ducks to fill the order to be delivered the 13th because that was the first available date for blue OEGB. I got a call within a day or two of placing the order saying they had enough of the blue OEGB to go ahead and fill my order and ship it out ahead of schedule. Ok, sounds good. My husband gets a voicemail the day I am expecting them to ship out saying they did not in fact have enough OEGBs to fill my order (they only had 3) and that I needed to call them back within 15 minutes if I wanted to substitute the other 3 something else. He did not get the voicemail until about 20 minutes later. He calls me and tells me about it and so I call them up immediately. No answer on the extension I was given. I leave a message saying I am not interested in substituting, that I was ordering that specific type of chick for a reason and it is the only kind of chick I wanted. If they did not have enough for my order that I would want to cancel. I got a call back some time later apologizing for the inconvenience and that they were able to "find" three more blue OEGB chicks. Awesome.

Three weeks later I am sitting here looking at the 5 chicks I have left (lost 1 the first day) and I am noticing three don't looking quite right. They have really long legs and stand very up right compared to the other two chicks and a chick that I hatched out of my own chickens that is the same age. I am thinking at this point they went ahead and filled my order with three blue Modern Game Bantams.

What do you think?
59890935.jpg

40288808.jpg

Is the chick on the left a Modern or a freakishly long legged Old English?

Back
Top Bottom