I am such a sucker

BarefootMom

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Half Way, Missouri
My friend Lindsey called me earlier this week and asked if I wanted a few kittens... Well this morning we got over there and they had 5 adorable fluffy kittens. Couldn't decide on what ones so we took them all. They are all different and are so oh so cute! I think we have 4 girls and 1 boy but they are so fluffy it is kind of hard to tell! They are all around 6-7 weeks old.

So now we have 7 cats...lol and only 1 of them is fixed. But hey we live on a farm and we always need good mousers.
smile.png

A quick webcam pic of one of them. This one is named Buck
247952_2088530142197_1513518073_2255479_764565_n.jpg

Quote:
if they were truly pet type rabbits I probably wouldn't take them since we have about 30 meat rabbits right now and are strictly in the meat business. But I always need good mousers
smile.png
Lots of feed around here to draw in the mice.
smile.png

Congrats on your new kittens, but please fix them. If you don't have the money to fix them... then you shouldn't have taken them.

There is already a huge overpopulation of unwanted dogs and cats. They'll have kittens, then those will grow up... if you don't fix them, then they will breed... then those offspring will breed. It will start a very bad cycle, one you will not be able to control once it gets out of hand. Even beyond that, the cats might run off and breed elsewhere, spreading the problem. There are a lot of low cost spay/neuter clinics and programs across the US and it shouldn't be that hard to find one.

You always need good mousers? Good, I've got some for you! My cats are fixed, but I've got 4 kittens here, I've got two days to get three of them rehomed, or I have to return one to my sister (where her 3 year old likes to throw them), and the other two will have to go back to my dad's to grow up feral. Just seems to be to many kittens and not enough homes, if I could have gotten just a few placed I could hold onto the others longer, but I've had two homes lined up for two of them and both ended up getting kittens form other places before I could get them to them.

Back
Top Bottom