I am wondering the same thing? Do I have a New Hampshire and a RIR????

Heddielynn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
Toledo, Ohio
We have three ladies from Meyer Hatchery's Rainbow Pullet pack. We are not sure what these two are. Mrs. Babcock looks like a RIR, (second photo) however Graciella third photo. to me looks like a New Hampshire Red, she is bigger, plus I hope she is not a he. Now Thyme(first pic) I think is a Cuckoo Maran, her black is not really barred like a Rock. Now the last two pics are girls from our friend's own flock. Luna last photo is a very different girl. We think she is a mix, Roo was a maran, mom, possibly a Americana. Our last girl is all black with green and purple sheen to her feathers, she is Isabelle, she is also from our friend, Roo once again a Maran, so we think she is a Black Copper Maran.

Thyme @7wks
Oh, the fun of figuring this out. I wish Meyer gave you a check list with your order...

pullet ~ marans
pullet ~ production red or new hamp
roo ~ same as the above
roo ~ mix
pullet ~ mix
thumbsup.gif

1st. Barred rock pullet, Cuckoo Marans have white legs.
2nd RIR
3rd New Hampshire Red
4th Australorp
5th Can't tell, bird is covered up too much. Could be EE, does it have green leg?

They are all good looking, :thumbsup

Hi! I see on your profile, that you have Weims! I do too! lol The bird we call "Luna" has a grey/green leg. Now the other thread replies said that my black bird,Isabelle, and Graciella are Roos? Do you think so too?

2nd RIR
3rd New Hampshire Red
4th Australorp
5th Can't tell, bird is covered up too much. Could be EE, does it have green leg?
They are all good looking,
thumbsup.gif
cuckoo marans chicks start out with light colored legs with a dark wash down the front of them
MaransChiks.JPEG

2nd RIR

3rd New Hampshire Red

4th Australorp

They are all good looking, :thumbsup

cuckoo marans chicks start out with light colored legs with a dark wash down the front of them 
MaransChiks.JPEG

I got my BR from Meyer hatchery as well and it had the black wash down the legs just like hers. If you look at there web site the pic that they have there shows a chick with the black wash down the legs.
I guess the real test will be the eggs that you get. :)

Hi! I see on your profile, that you have Weims! I do too! lol The bird we call "Luna" has a grey/green leg. Now the other thread replies said that my black bird,Isabelle, and Graciella are Roos? Do you think so too?

They don't look like roos to me. My australorp hen has a large red comb. Although I can't really tell if they are getting saddle feathers or if their hackle feathers are more pointed or rounded.
Pointed = roos, Rounded = pullet

They don't look like roos to me. My australorp hen has a large red comb. Although I can't really tell if they are getting saddle feathers or if their hackle feathers are more pointed or rounded.
Pointed = roos, Rounded = pullet
it's not an ausie

Quote: also if he was a copper the copper coloring would already be showing :)

Back
Top Bottom