I believe I have a hermaphrodite chicken

Pics
Also.. another interesting thing that was stated was the rooster is getting up high to lay the eggs which is why this second egg broke. Yet the rooster is in the cage that appears to be no higher or no taller than he is, which would make it a little bit difficult to get up high.
Excellent observation.

Can you put a trail camera ON the rooster and his pen? Entirely likely you'll catch a rat, snake, possum or something paying visits. Or move the rooster somewhere else and see if the eggs still keep appearing near him?

Also have you double and triple checked your main hen flock pen and coop to see if one or two aren't squeezing out of a hole somewhere and paying this guy a visit?

Can you put a trail camera ON the rooster and his pen? Entirely likely you'll catch a rat, snake, possum or something paying visits. Or move the rooster somewhere else and see if the eggs still keep appearing near him?

Also have you double and triple checked your main hen flock pen and coop to see if one or two aren't squeezing out of a hole somewhere and paying this guy a visit?
The last part is where I would lean if this were happening to me. My hens always find ways to get to their roosters.

When I gave him away at about 6 weeks with about nine other birds I was pretty sure it was a hen they were all supposed to be. She returned one to me about 2 months ago that turned out to be a rooster and then about 3 weeks ago she returned this one. The rooster that I thought because he crows and he tries to make with the hens from what the lady told me and I've heard him crow every morning but he hasn't been around to him since he's been back here again over 3 weeks. And there is no birds in there with him. It's looking like a sex reversal, and that's why I'm taking into a vet to determine this.
Take a close look at your own pictures and you will notice that the broken egg (picture) has a different shell colour and texture than the one you are holding in your hand.

Someone is definitely pranking you hard. No need to spend on a vet visit or examination in more detail.

Back
Top Bottom