I Burned My Face and Have to Go To Work Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birch Run Farm, May 17, 2009.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Ouch! I was burning a brush pile Saturday and while trying to beat the impending rain storms I was forking hot coals and branches into the pile yesterday. One branch popped up and somehow hit me on the cheek. I didn't think much of it as it was real quick, but it was sore later that night. I put some antibiotic cream on it and went to bed.

So it's the end of the day today and I looked in the mirror because my cheek was still pretty sore. OMG, I have a huge, huge burn spot, it is horrible! It is not even similar to a common zit. How do I make this thing heal fast!!!! Help! People are going to ask at work, I don't have time for their nosy questions! Plus, I am not looking for an infection.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If I can't heal it fast I need a clever story.

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Old folk remedy, dress it with honey and a bandage.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Just tell them what happened without making up a story. They should be understanding enough...what really happened doesn't make you look stupid or anything. [​IMG] I hope you feel better soon.

4. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Aloe if you have it. Snip a piece off.

Also egg white works well.

My grandmother always used one of those two for burns.

Bluemoon

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You might want to see a dr. facial burns can easily scar. If it is open you will probably need something like silvadene to keep it covered, and clean it thoroughly 2-3 times a day. There is no fast way to heal.

Clever story- saving the baby from the burning building

Imp-burned off the right side of my face in 1984- healed up just fine. Well at least it was no worse.

6. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    You need to keep an antibiotic ointment on it and keep it covered with some sort of gauze bandage or it will scar and bad. Tell the people at work the truth and if they make fun just give them "the look".

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My MIL would always egg whites for burns. Put em in a high speed blender until it foams up. Works very well!!!!

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:There ya go. The bigger the bandage, the better. Aloe vera does wonders for healing too, and after it heals over use a cocoa butter stick on the scar. It works wonders.

PS, sooooo sorry that happened, very scary and painful. [​IMG]

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I don't have an aloe plant anymore but have some aloe gel somewhere. At my age (46) a big scar won't matter much but I had wondered if I should put a bandage on it? I will now that some of you mentioned to do so. I can tell more of it is blistering and is going to make a big patch. Clearly not a sunburn, it is deeper, I think 2nd degree. This is a bummer, it didn't hurt very much when it happened. Weird how it is worse the next day.

10. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    If you're blistering, the doctor's office isn't a bad idea. Like you said, you don't want infection and you want it to heal quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by