I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It's still a bit young, but nothing says cockerel to me yet.

I'm still trying to figure out sex for some of my now 8 week old. Do only roosters do the chest bump thing? Polish can be hard to determine, but I am seeing the chest bumping behaviors.
Hens also can chest bump.

View attachment 1112084 I know one for sure is a hen because I have 13 chickens and have gotten 12 eggs in a day so tryi ng to figure out if one of these maybe my roo. They are almost 6 mo old. These 2 are always together!
Both of those chickens are hens.

I know silkies are difficult and I've had someone say their thoughts but I'm curious to get a few more opinions!

"Delilah" is a 4 month old silver silkie who is getting metallic colored green tail feathers in with 'her' fluff. No eggs and no crowing but I have a feeling Delilah is going to need a name change!?!

"Clementine" is a 10 week old buff silkie and doesn't seem to walk as upright as 'Delilah' does...

Thanks for any thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    505.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    504.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    447.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I know silkies are difficult and I've had someone say their thoughts but I'm curious to get a few more options!

"Delilah" is a 4 month old silver silkie who is getting metallic colored green tail feathers in with 'her' fluff. No eggs and no crowing but I have a feeling Delilah is going to need a name change!?!

"Clementine" is a 10 week old buff silkie and doesn't seem to walk as upright as 'Delilah' does...

Thanks for any thoughts!
The black one looks like a cockerel, the other one I'm not sure about.

I know silkies are difficult and I've had someone say their thoughts but I'm curious to get a few more opinions!

Thanks for any thoughts!
Here is one from today and the tail feathers:

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom