I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1503112865788-1650456745.jpg
Thank you! I just wanna make sure on this one as well. I'm very certain she's a hen but I'd like another opinion. Her wattle is a pale orange color despite looking more red in the pic. What do you think?

Hmm are you sure? She holds her self like a hen. Isn't very agressive. Hasn't crowed. No hackle feathers or even the start of spurs. I just asked the orginal owner about age. She might be closer to 5 months if that helps. Thanks again!

Hmm are you sure? She holds her self like a hen. Isn't very agressive. Hasn't crowed. No hackle feathers or even the start of spurs. I just asked the orginal owner about age. She might be closer to 5 months if that helps. Thanks again!

It's really hard to see pointy saddle/hackle feathers on frizzles, and spurs don't come in until a rooster is older. Roosters are also not always aggressive. But, if it is really 5 months old, I'm leaning toward hen.

This chicken is confusing me. About 11/12 weeks old Plymouth Barred Rock. Seems to have the coloring of a hen, but a larger and more red comb and more yellow legs than his/her sister, plus the tail seems more rooster shaped. This is chicken A that I posted about a page ago.

Attachments

• IMAG1274.jpg
    IMAG1274.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG1273.jpg
    IMAG1273.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG1272.jpg
    IMAG1272.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 6
This chicken is confusing me. About 11/12 weeks old Plymouth Barred Rock. Seems to have the coloring of a hen, but a larger and more red comb and more yellow legs than his/her sister, plus the tail seems more rooster shaped. This is chicken A that I posted about a page ago.
It doesn't really look like a cockerel but I can't see it's cob too well.

Back
Top Bottom