I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
No I am not sure actually, definitely not now :)!! What do you guys think it is?? As i mentioned this was labeled as an Ameracauna at the local feed store. Not sure if hatchery or from local stock, word on the street is the owner is a poultry person and raises chicks.
A bit too young to be sure, but I'm guessing production red.
I'm not experienced with silkies, but I'm leaning towards pullet.

For reals??? My mind is blown! Just looked up some production red chicks and that sure looks right!!! She def has those partridge style first molt feathers (not sure the terminology is entirely correct there) and the dark beak thats showing up in the production red chick images. Thanks guys that is good work!!

Hi I have a 3-4 month old chick, I would like to know is it’s a cockerel or pullet and the breed because I’m not sure, I think it might be a lavender orpington but many chickens look like those so I’m not sure, thank you! Also, the sussex in the background are Roos or pullets?

Attachments

• F291FA8E-B612-449F-BE29-B86EADDC34FA.jpeg
    F291FA8E-B612-449F-BE29-B86EADDC34FA.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 21AD2996-6C64-4209-B899-89F11517E1BB.jpeg
    21AD2996-6C64-4209-B899-89F11517E1BB.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 8
Hi I have a 3-4 month old chick, I would like to know is it’s a cockerel or pullet and the breed because I’m not sure, I think it might be a lavender orpington but many chickens look like those so I’m not sure, thank you! Also, the sussex in the background are Roos or pullets?
Lavender orpington, looking like a pullet.

I don't see any pointed saddle feathers yet, though lavender orpingtons are known to be slow-developing.
I can't really see the sussex. Can you get a full body picture?
Yes I’ve looked at the orpington a bit more and I see what you mean. Sadly, I don’t have another picture of the sussex, these are not my chickens I’m asking for a friend. But, with the head would you be able to have an idea of what gender it is?

Back
Top Bottom