I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pics
I hatch some mixed eggs two from my CL hen by my Welsummer/Wyandotte mix rooster. I was positive one was a cockerel and one a pullet. There is no question in my mind about the cockerel but now I worry about the pullet. The cockerel is the lighter one. The darker is the question. The first pic is newly hatched

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    595.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    708.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    850.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    783.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    869.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    874.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    730.3 KB · Views: 57
I hatch some mixed eggs two from my CL hen by my Welsummer/Wyandotte mix rooster. I was positive one was a cockerel and one a pullet. There is no question in my mind about the cockerel but now I worry about the pullet. The cockerel is the lighter one. The darker is the question. The first pic is newly hatched
It's kind of hard to tell from the pics. Can you get a pic of each of their combs?

I think I might only see one rooster. But I will need better pics.

I love your mutt chickens! I'm unsure on gender, maybe post more pics in a couple weeks? How old are they?

Tail looks like cockerel, but comb/wattles look like pullet.... could you post pics of it's siblings? (If it has any)

IMG_0064.JPG
I love your mutt chickens! I'm unsure on gender, maybe post more pics in a couple weeks? How old are they?

Tail looks like cockerel, but comb/wattles look like pullet.... could you post pics of it's siblings? (If it has any)

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    731.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 55

Those two were hatched May 20. When they were little one had white dot and the second had chipmunk stripes. The white dot one developed into the lighter colored cockerel. He is definitely boy and you knew it from like a week old. But I'm thinking the other one is taking on the Wyandotte rose comb and maybe not following the auto sexing of the CL. I'm still hoping. Their CL mom died.

The other chicks were hatching eggs I got from other people. I don't think they are all pictured. There are three OE. I have no idea yet what they are. There is an Icelandic, a CL over Sapphire chick and a CL over Welsummer chick (this one is chipmunk stripped too so hoping for a pullet.) The Icelandic and little Sapphire are a mystery yet. They are about 5-7 days younger.

Back
Top Bottom