I can tell its gonna be a good day.......pic

baldie

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Douglas, MA
Hi all. I had a rough day with the chickens yesterday. It was a BAD day!! But this morning I woke to this.......
16258_dsc04747.jpg

And I have to say, that has to be the best way to wake up!! The sun is shining, the deer are out!! Spring is here!!
love.gif

BTW that is the roof of my coop.
big_smile.png

So sorry that your day was so rotten yesterday.

Glad that today is shaping up to look like it's going to be a better one!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks!! The deer are never this close to the house!! I love waking up and seeing them. These are gifts that are often overlooked!!!
love.gif

We live in upstate NY in a tiny village, theres about 300 people total here in the village. Our house is between the road and the river, and we have a large garden every year between the neighbors house and ours.

Well, last year this group of does with their fawns would come every freaking day and eat out of our garden. IN BROAD DAY LIGHT. and then they'd walk through the back yard, across the dirt road, through the post office parking lot and out of town.

This went on all summer and fall.

The darn things are a pestilence. Theres just too many of them.

I only have the same 3. There were originally 5, but I am assuming the hunters may have got them. I love them. I look forward to seeing them every morning. I live on 50 acres, so they don't really need to eat any of our stuff. That is a hay field behind the coop where they are grazing. There is plenty there for them to eat.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I cannot believe how many we have here. Its unreal. This spring we were driving to my inlaws, just 6 miles away and we passed a field where IAM NOT EXAGGERATING they were standing shoulder to shoulder to thick there had to be a few hundred of them. It was so insane. I've never seen anything like it before.

Wow, That is cool. I would not want them eating from my garden, but I love to see them grazing. It is great. They come in the morning and at dusk, every day. I call them my deer. I sometimes throw apples in the field for a treat for them, but not near the house. Way back towards the stream. This morning was the closest I have seen them to the house.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom