I can't believe I was the one to say "No"!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I went to the feed store to get some feed yesterday and took my 13 year-old with me (the little enabler!). Of course they had chicks and ducks in, it's just that time of year, right?!?!

The guy at the feed store was doing his best to get me to take some ducklings or chicks home with me (gave me this whole story about ordering to many), but I stood firm and kept saying I couldn't, while my son is sitting there going, "Please mom... We have to take something home with us!"
th.gif

I currently have eight 7 wk. olds in the coop brooder, 28 eggs in the incubator, am collecting eggs to go under my broody, and will be getting some more eggs the beginning of April to load the bator up again! I certainly did not need to be bringing anything home from the feed store! If anything, I need to be lining up some buyers for all of these chicks that I'm hatching!
lol.png

I just know that I don't have anymore room for more peepers right now!

In a few weeks, I'm going to be completely overrun with chicks!

Good job staying strong, mom, LOL. I checked one of Skye's eggs and it still wasn't fertile, so I plucked a few more feathers with her yelling her head off the whole time. Since Dusty is on eggs, Smoky is the only Blue Orp laying fertile eggs right now. If I can just get Skye's to be fertile, we can collect some for you.

I know that you have been having a time with your Orps. lately Cyn! That's why I haven't asked yet. When they get going, I'd love to have some, but you already know that!
smile.png

Tell Skye that she needs to get herself in order so I can set some of her eggs when I set Jody's.
fl.gif

yuckyuck.gif

That's funny! It really wasn't to hard, actually! It might have been harder if I hadn't been hatching since January.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom