I can't believe it!!! Chicken feed at Costco!?!?!?!

Costco was selling a chicken coop too, not too long ago.

I buy that brand of chick starter sometimes and it is $30 per 40 lb bag after tax at the feed store.
ep.gif

Gotta have organic soy and corn!! But then I dilute with conventional grains/seeds.

I'll have a look around our Costco feed aisle to see what we have.

Last edited:
Great way to support China. I've worked in the feed industry for over 20 years and the way they keep it cheap is have all the corn and soy meal shipped in from China. Shop at your local feed store pay a couple extra dollars to support the US an farmers in this country.

Great way to support China. I've worked in the feed industry for over 20 years and the way they keep it cheap is have all the corn and soy meal shipped in from China. Shop at your local feed store pay a couple extra dollars to support the US an farmers in this country.
I would have to drive 35-40 mile one way to the nearest feed mill that mixes on site. so given 2.30 average for gas in my area and 20 miles per gallon that's roughly 3*2.30=6.90 extra for gas than going to a local mill so in addition to 3 dollars extra a bag that's about 10 extra bucks for my single bag of feed. I will get mine from the local farm supply big box store. since there is no cosco, sams, or walmart in my area that sells it either. But I find it hard to think as far from the west coast that I am that there is much China feed in my area, freight and storage is a factor.

Reminds me of something that happened at Target a few weeks ago. I was looking through the pet section when suddenly I see a bag with a picture of a chicken on it. I was like "Cool, they sell chicken feed here?" until I looked closer... It was DOG FOOD with CHICKEN in it.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom