I can't say Thank You enough!

I'll speak up for PC as well - he'll take care of a few bottles .....
wink.png

Okay... I'm feeling really ignorant... I had to look up chow-chow on Wikipedia... I was trying to figure out why in the heck MissPrissy was so glad to receive ragin cajun DOG!
lol.png

From Wikipedia:

Chow-chow is a relish made from a combination of different vegetables: cabbage, carrots, beans, asparagus, cauliflower, and peas which are pickled in a jar and served cold. The name is based on the French word chou for cabbage. Chow-chow is regionally associated with Pennsylvania and the southern United States, though the recipes vary greatly. Pennsylvania chow-chow, best known under the Wos-Wit brand, is generally much sweeter than the southern varieties. Chow-chow is used as a condiment on biscuits and gravy, pintos beans, hot dogs, hamburgers and other foods. Is is similar to and sometimes confused with piccalilli.

Chow-chow also refers to a spicy Australian meal[citation needed] which loosely resembles dal. It is prepared by simmering a mixture of soaked legumes and other vegetables into a thick stew. While the specific vegetables used vary between dishes, onion, garlic and tomato are the most popular secondary ingredients used. Chow-chow is usually a vegetarian dish because meat flavours tend to overpower the subtle flavours of a complex chow-chow.

Quote:
Thank You! I didn't want to look any more silly then I have in the food threads, lol!
big_smile.png
It sounds good though, mmm!

I've also been trying to figure out what "sweet milk" is....is it just regular milk?

That cake looks wonderful MissPrissy
love.gif

Quote:
Ok, thank you again
smile.png
I love whole milk...but I have been buying 2 percent for the family, and acclimating my taste buds to 1 percent- to cut down on calories...would rather have the whole though
big_smile.png

MissPrissy, there is no need for your thankfulness. If anything, we are all oh so thankful for you being the kind of person you are. After all, what are friends for except to be friends. I somehow think without knowing you personally, that you are held to the highest esteem within this circle. It is indeed a pleasure to know that there are still people like you out there in the world even with all the sham and drudgery going on around us. Yes, indeed, what a wonderful group of people. There is an old saying that I like regarding friends: "You can pick and choose your friends but not your kin."
Brandi is freaking out with that cake. That is one of her many favorites but at the very top of her list.
Ya' know, I've been around the pot many times looking for the handle. One thing I was taught and learned early on in life was trust your gut feeling. In no way do I intend to be judgemental with this, but I somehow get the gut feeling that SpeckledHen is holding out on us all. Something tells me that she knows a lot more than she would have us all know. I don't know how or why I sense that, but not just anyone could accidently grow a roo the caliber that hers is. lol I can't wait until she breaks out of her shell and we see what kind of metal she is made of.

In no way do I intend to be judgemental with this, but I somehow get the gut feeling that SpeckledHen is holding out on us all. Something tells me that she knows a lot more than she would have us all know. I don't know how or why I sense that, but not just anyone could accidently grow a roo the caliber that hers is. lol I can't wait until she breaks out of her shell and we see what kind of metal she is made of.

shycouch.gif

Back
Top Bottom