I cant tell what’s happening with my hen

macymcclellan

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
I have a 22 week old jersey giant hen and lately she’s just started doing weird gagging motions. I’ve also noticed that she feels a little thinner. She’s eating and drinking and her poop is normal. I don’t know what this could be.

Does it seem like she is adjusting her crop or has food stuck that won’t go down? What does her crop feel like, and does it feel empty by early morning before she eats or drinks? A crop disorder could make her lose weight.

Does it seem like she is adjusting her crop or has food stuck that won’t go down? What does her crop feel like, and does it feel empty by early morning before she eats or drinks? A crop disorder could make her lose weight.
I’ll check in the morning but it does look likes she’s readjusting her crop. I also heard some gurgling when I gave her water this afternoon. I took a video of what she was doing as well but I can’t put it on this thread for some reason

I have a 22 week old jersey giant hen and lately she’s just started doing weird gagging motions. I’ve also noticed that she feels a little thinner. She’s eating and drinking and her poop is normal. I don’t know what this could be.

I’ll check in the morning but it does look likes she’s readjusting her crop. I also heard some gurgling when I gave her water this afternoon. I took a video of what she was doing as well but I can’t put it on this thread for some reason
For video, upload to youtube and provide a link. The BYC upload does not work.

Crop problems can sometimes sound like a little gurgling, so I'd definitely check the crop to see if it's emptying. If it's not, then I'd address that according to the article linked below.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom