URGENT CANT CLOSE BEAK

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Is there anything I can do for Candy? I feel awful for not noticing sooner but I’ve been stuck instead due to health issues and the people caring for them didn’t know what’s not normal. They definitely have cocci and a respiratory infection, one of them passed last night. Two of them can’t open one of their eyes. Candy is not gasping but she can’t close her beak or rip apart food, she was shaking her head aggressively earlier like there was something stuck in her throat but I don’t hear the classic clicking of gapeworm. I made her eggs and she’s eating them but I don’t know if she will drink water, she’s severely underweight and trying to stay in the heat.

I have her in my brooder with a heat lamp, cooked eggs, feed and water. I’m picking up Tiagard, E-lixer and corid. Second picture is from before I got her in the brooder. She needs a bath.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpeg
    IMG_1733.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1704.jpeg
    IMG_1704.jpeg
    780.8 KB · Views: 12
I put her sister in with her so she’s not alone after she started shaking her head the same way. Thankfully the rest of my girls are only sneezy and they’re all drinking the medicated water. They're kind of chomping like something is clogging their throats so I dumped in some dewormer

Did you look and see if anything was stuck in their throats?
All I can see is mucus. I noticed a bit of blood in the brooder but I can’t figure out where it’s from! Do chickens bleed from the vent when dewormed? I started thinking tapeworm with candy because of how underweight she is. I’ve never held such a thin light chicken… she’s a 3 year old Salmon Faverolle and feels like she’s only 2/3lbs

It’s so much worse then I thought.

She has Cocci, respiratory infection, potential tapeworms and mouth cankers.. my physical health is not good right now so a santuary is posting her to see if anyone will take her in for recovery and rehab, if not.. someone will be picking her up tomorrow to euthanize her for me. I don’t have the heart to. I’ve been crying for an hour just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom