I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

My bait of choice in the Duke DP is mini marshmallows in the bottom with sweet syrup on top. The syrup is a very small amount of peanut butter, maple syrup, honey and vanilla. just a dab of these ingredients followed by 20 seconds in the microwave which turns it into a liquid. dump marshmallows into trap and drizzle hot syrup over the top. Coon candy!!

My bait of choice in the Duke DP is mini marshmallows in the bottom with sweet syrup on top. The syrup is a very small amount of peanut butter, maple syrup, honey and vanilla. just a dab of these ingredients followed by 20 seconds in the microwave which turns it into a liquid. dump marshmallows into trap and drizzle hot syrup over the top. Coon candy!!
Ohhh now that sounds like a good idea!! I'll have to try that in one of my traps!!! Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Raccoon s'mores! Lol! Heck, I'd even eat that. Nom, nom!

I keep telling myself every time I bait the trap that it smells like it would be awesome on vanilla ice cream.

Ha, ha! It does sound yummy! I put in a can of cheap, smelly sardines, then a trail of dog kibble. To top it off, I poured a little corn syrup on top of the kibble trail. I moved trap to new location too. Gotta keep these critters on their toes! My hubby's getting jealous now, because I get to stay home & deal with it. He wants a turn. It's not all fun, that's for sure. Heavy, stinky bugger in that trap!

I didn't get my coon last night, either, Shellz. I do think we are down to just one - by the footprints. Good luck, Shellz
The thought of a coon s'more makes me laugh, quiqley!!

I need some ideas to get some coons that have been getting into my deer feed. There's three of them and one keeps robbing my live trap. This one seems to be trap smart. I baited it with hotdogs and covered the end with something so he would've be able to pull it out. He ended up pulling it off and robbing the trap again! I baited it with a chicken wing, leg and breast so he couldn't pull that through the bars and he must've went in and stepped over the thing that springs it. I really want to catch this raccoon and the three that keep eating my deer feed by my hunting blind. I usually shoot them but these come around 2 or 3 am according to my trail cam. How can I make my trap theft proof? And how should I go about catching the three getting into the deer feed without disturbing the plot much? I want to hunt this area come fall because its a good spot but the raccoons have been eating so much of the food I put out, and they keep bringing friends!

AAAAARGH! The dilemma! Pretty smart coons for sure! I'd like to hear some solutions to this one as well. Just got our deer seal in the mail yesterday. Have thought about growing a natural food plot for deer. We just put out mineral licks, they come every spring & stay till late fall then they move somewhere else for the winter. Coons are caught on our trail cam too, just about everywhere on our property. The population of every animal seems high here this year. The good & the bad.

Sure hope somebody has a solution to this.

Back
Top Bottom