Rabid raccoon

CluckNorris4eva

Chirping
May 5, 2023
So we have had some raccoons around our chicken coop we set some traps and successfully relocated some but one the we caught rolled down two rocky hills in our backyard and is moving around like it’s crazy it is shaking there is no foam at the mouth but clearly something is wrong with it
We would preferably not kill it as we have a lot of little kids who would have to watch any advice

So we have had some raccoons around our chicken coop we set some traps and successfully relocated some but one the we caught rolled down two rocky hills in our backyard and is moving around like it’s crazy it is shaking there is no foam at the mouth but clearly something is wrong with it
We would preferably not kill it as we have a lot of little kids who would have to watch any advice
I'm not really understanding, how did it roll down the hill if it was trapped? Did it roll down with trap and all, as in a hav-a-heart?
If it's still in the trap call animal control and they will come and pick it up and have it tested. You have an obligation to report suspected rabies for the safety of yourself, your family and everyone else who may live in that area.
Relocating raccoons is against the law pretty much everywhere because they are one of the top vectors for the transmission of rabies and distemper.

Update no rabies just a weirdo didn’t have the heart to kill it (I can’t do blood lol) it is relocated to a remote forest where there aren’t a lot of people. Thank you for the advice

Update no rabies just a weirdo didn’t have the heart to kill it (I can’t do blood lol) it is relocated to a remote forest where there aren’t a lot of people. Thank you for the advice
You really shouldn't relocate animals. Again it's nit fair to the animal who now is lost and will likely go hungry or killed by the one currently holding that territory, and it definitely isn't fair now that you've passed the problem on to other people

Back
Top Bottom