I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

We have that same trap and can't catch anything. We have tried everything!
he.gif

Maybe the DP isn't in the right location. If you know that coons are around, then try to find a coon trail or a den tree and set in that area. This time of year the coons den up for the winter. If they do happen to leave the den, they won't travel very far from it. I've seen some people put a white foam cup with the bottom cut off over the DP to add eye appeal (but only if there's no snow on the ground). And don't be skimpy on the bait. The more the better.
Are you trapping to remove predators/pests away from your chickens or do you have an actual trap line?

A coon can put a serious hurt on a dog....they run from my dog until they get cornered...then they get real mean.

That's why I got Boerboels. LOL.

If there is a raccoon alive that lasts more than ten seconds against two boerboels I don't ever want to meet him LOL.

I see a lot of good guard dogs online for sale. I just bought my neighbor an anatolian shepherd x great pyrenees pup for Christmas. The dog was only $200. He's a mutt, but I can be almost all but certain that he's going to stop losing lambs to coyotes.

Plus, since I kept the pup at my place for two weeks I know that he's not going to be attacking me or fighting with my dogs. Its always nice to know your neighbor's dog like you know your own LOL.

That's why I got Boerboels. LOL.

If there is a raccoon alive that lasts more than ten seconds against two boerboels I don't ever want to meet him LOL.

I see a lot of good guard dogs online for sale. I just bought my neighbor an anatolian shepherd x great pyrenees pup for Christmas. The dog was only $200. He's a mutt, but I can be almost all but certain that he's going to stop losing lambs to coyotes.

Plus, since I kept the pup at my place for two weeks I know that he's not going to be attacking me or fighting with my dogs. Its always nice to know your neighbor's dog like you know your own LOL.
Wow! Just had to look those up! Turns out there's a breeder a 1/2 hour away from us & an Italian mastiff breeder & trainer down our street! Who'd a thunk?! Boerboel breeder also trains his dogs regularly, holds seminars & is involved in schutzhund (sp) club. Will need to look into this breed some more. So far, I like what I see. :)

I looked them up too! I am very impressed by the breed. When I finally get settled on my on little place, I am definitely going to get a LGD.

I am trying to decide on a breed that is large enough to be effective, but not so large that they eat me out of house and home. With easy care coat of hair and as (congenital) disease free as possible.

When trapping raccoons on Long Island I like using the coon cuff on the ground. The conibear 220 works great too for raccoon removal, but can't be set on the ground.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom