I caught my fox! UPDATED.. now with the VIDEO!

I don't know if it would swim across this lake and river. It is big and there are a lot of alligators. There isn't much across the river but a lot of vacant land for miles.

The fox was back this morning. The birds were exceptionally freaking noisy a little before 5:30am. I went out but didn't see anything and the birds calmed down. I have a game camera and I got the fox on video. It came back a little before 7:30am. Now I have an owl that has killed some of my birds so I put fishing line over the pens and I have seen the owl in videos but no dead birds lately and now a fox stalking the birds. I have electric wire around the pens and about 1:30 this morning I heard a critter come in contact with the hot wire. Maybe it was the fox??? but it came back. I guess it can't resist chickens.

Last edited:
Here is the owl that has killed several of my birds. This is after I put up the fishing lines over the pens.

Well either the fox but probably the owl killed another bird this morning. When I went out to check I found a dead bird in one of the pens. I think it was the owl as the fox would have dug under the fence and there was no place dug out. I moved my game camera to a new spot where the last two birds were killed. I think it happened when I heard the big commotion about 5:30 this morning when I went out to the coops, it was still dark and I must have scared the predator away but not before it killed another bird.

Last edited:
That land across the river from you is not vacant. Every last square foot of it is part of one red fox or the others' territory. Relocating trapped foxes there is like trying to pack 10 pounds of sausage stuffing mix in a 5 pound sausage casing. Foxes will ooze and squirt out of both ends and every opening, only to return to familiar ground.

Looking on the funny side, I bet that fox has some tall tails (pun intended) to tell his fox drinking buddies now about how he was abducted by space aliens who pointed strange objects at him that flashed with a bright light or went click...
lau.gif

I guess my only other option rather than relocating the fox is, if and when I catch it, is to shoot it.
fl.gif

The camera I use is a Blackout camera and works in complete darkness with no flash.

Last edited:
I checked my camera as I moved it to a new spot and put the dead bird out and the owl came back for more. The video came out better than this pictures looks like.

Last edited:
Neat!!!

Edited to say not neat that you lost birds, thats always a bad thing. But owls are such beautiful birds, and you got some great videos of this one.

Last edited:
Well, the fox was back and killed 3 more of my birds. Today the leg traps are going out.I saw the fox and took a shot at it and knew it was a long shot. It came back a few minutes later and I shot at it again and this time it ran off and didn't come right back but i'm sure it will be back. I have the dead birds to use as bait and of course it went into the pen by digging under the gate of the pen where I had the game camera before I moved it. Here is a video taken through a screen in the front of our house.

Back
Top Bottom