I did it! Jody, Lisas and Leah lookie at my babies!

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
I think my hatch is over and I have 20 new babies! These are from Jody, ChickenLisa, Leah and Dipsy. They started pippin Thursday night and most hatched out Friday. This was 1 day early. I'm leaving the rest in the bator just in case!
fl.gif

I have 6 banty cochins from Dipsey and the rest are the EEs. Tell me what you think of my new babies! I know they'll likely change colors, but any ideas??

Banty Cochin pics

banties.jpg

banty3dyas.jpg

This silver one is adorable!
bantybunch3days.jpg

Yellow ees
Yellowday3.jpg

eesyellow3days.jpg

yellow3days.jpg

yellowees.jpg

yellowees.jpg

Little fuzzy faces!
3daysees.jpg

chippyees3days.jpg

cute.jpg

ee3days.jpg

eeggers3days.jpg

ees3days.jpg

rusty3days.jpg

whoareyou.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks for the new babies!!
Becky

wow! Great hatch!
big_smile.png
What a cute bunch of lil fuzzies you have there!!
love.gif
Great job and congrats on such a beautiful hatch! 20 babies is a lot!!!
ep.gif

Becky, congrats on your hatch! Those are beautiful babies! By Jody..does that mean me. Just making sure because I'm pretty sure you got eggs from me, but I don't have EEs. I have araucana. Are the white ones mine or is my hatch later?

Jody

Jody--that is you! I thought I had all Ameracaunas--yea! some of these are yours--so they'd be Aracaunas?? That's fabulous! I haven't cleaned out the bator yet so I'm not sure exactly the number on each that hatched, but I do know that some from each order did hatch.

Can you tell which may be Aracauna? Several of them have really puffy cheeks--to the point of getting in their little eyes.

Please let me know what you think!

Woot! That is so great to hear. I'd say the EEs are mostly the chipmunky striped chicks. My white araucana look like your yellowy and silvery ones (altho depending on which pen they came from you could get some with chipmunk stripes or black). They do not get poofy cheeks like EEs, but ear tufts (or they can be clean faced) - so the chin/neck area will look flatter than the poofy faces of an EE. That's a way to tell them apart. The cochins are adorable too..especially that blue one. So cute!

Jody

Quote:
:eek: :mad: Puffy cheeked Araucaunas?! MY JEALOUSY RUNNETH OVER!!

I hope you get a white Araucauna in the mix, mine started as a yellow chick with a reddish/brown/orange head. (i'm colorblind). Mine has extremely puffy cheeks and a very poofy neck.

Last edited:
After looking them over really good again--I think that I have one yellow with both tufts, 2 that are rumpless (1 yellow and that black with yellow face) and 1 yellow with tufts on the left side. Time will tell on the others. I believe the ones with the really puffy cheeks that are chipmunky looking are the EEs.

What color legs should I look for in Aracaunas??

That silvery cochin is going to be so neat--and I have a little yellow cochin, too. New color to me!

I'm just so delighted with this hatch!

Becky, glad to see they hatched. Little EEs are so cute- chipmunky and all different colors. Some of mine ended up Brown with Black mixed into the feathers, and another 1 is black/gray all over...almost like my old Egyptian Fayoumis I think (I'll have to look those up...)but it has fuzzy cheeks and green legs. Have fun- so happy for you and your DD.
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom