I didn't even cry!

thumbsup.gif

Excellent post! Great job to you and the hubby!

AND..... I wish you a speedy and healthy delivery!!! You're almost having a BABY! Now THAT'S exciting!!!! I can deal with processing a chicken now, but the thought of birthing a human....
th.gif

Please keep us updated on your wee one!

thumbsup.gif
Yay for you! Glad things went so well with your first one, usually you learn things from each session to make the next ones go even faster & easier. You might want to separate your "candidates" the night before, removing access to food before butchering. It makes for less chasing & catching right before they Cross The Road.

This is my processing station, made from a reclaimed metal yard swing frame and 3 different materials used for cones:
7277_processing_station_005.jpg

Nice. I like it. I need to get one of those set up. I like the recycled swing frame idea. I need to keep an eye out on Craigslist. Right now, I have a cone attached to a tree.

We have bulk trash pick-up every week in our neighborhood, so I frequently find these frames set out. You may find them as the summer ends and people's yard furniture wears out. Try your local FreeCycle too, many folks may just throw these out rather than posting them on CL. But the cone-in-a-tree works well too, or along a fence. Just so it's raised up where you don't have to bend to do the work. I find it also helps to have those hooks between the cones. There I hang my scalded birds by their tied-together legs for easier plucking with two free hands.

Back
Top Bottom