I DO NOT LIKE IT!

Ooooooh! Good idea! I will check that out!!
big_smile.png

Struggling with water daily?? It's too hard on your body to do that. So far, we've set up the 5 gallon waterer - the one that slowly lets the water out as they drink it?, anyway - we placed the waterer on bricks (shavings thing) near the 250 watt red brooder light. 12 buff orps, an insulated childs playhouse and deep shavings has kept the water free albeit crunchy when it gets real cold. The horses - 189' from the house we solved by getting a 110 gallon rubber tank. The tank is set between each of the walkout stalls and behind it so that the horses can drink from inside their walkouts and also get water when loose in the field. In this tank is a heater. The heater cord is threaded from outside the tank and then under the stall mat that the tank is also sitting on and buried in the ground - no cord anywhere. The water lasts exactly until the weekend when I can uncoil the stored hoses (3) of them, water, pull apart drain coil and store. The horses get all the water they require and we don't have to face the horror of getting water to the barn or trying to unfreeze all that rubber hose. The chickens water also lasts for the whole week. This is our second winter with this set up and it works.

I greatly appriciate anyone carrying water out to the animals! my DH usually does it every day in the winter, and he just got out of the hospital with Pneumonia.
he is on strict restriction to not go out for 2 weeks, part of his bargin to be released!!
I have been hauling water to 5 heated water buckets, and 2 bunny rabbits, and filling up an outside bucket every day for my 3 ducks. I just learned to use smaller buckets, and not fill them all the way full. usually when I am smart and put on my chore boots, (instead of my tennis shoes!) I do better if I spill water!
I make more trips but it is worth it in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom