I do not understand people! and how they can lie.

We just got off the phone Complaining to everyone. Ordinance officer, Police officer, Township Supervisor.

They are all being apologetic. Ordinance officer said his hands are tied on this one, same as the Township Supervisor. Said they referred this to the lawyer and he interpreted it that they are not allowed. We will be meeting tomorrow to get a copy of the ordinances at 5pm. and are going to refer them to our lawyer. We also asked for a letter written by their lawyer stating his interpretation of the ordinances.

The officer apologized to my husband, for his behavior. He wasn't aware we had talked anyone, and since confirmed it.
All well and good, But it was me he was rude to! I should get the apology.

PS Apparently we had 2 neighbor Complaints. Well we have 5 people that live in this house for the chickens ...lol

Last edited:
Quote:
laws are not written that say "two or three"

just 'who' had this meeting ? town officials are not kings and do not make policy on the fly. get the ordanance in writing. good luck.

In most places meetings of public bodies are required to be open to the public, and advance public notification including a posted agenda must be provided for a meeting to be legal, with a very few, very specific types of meetings that are allowed to be closed; this would not be one of those. If you were specifically mentioned at this meeting, your constitutional rights have probably been violated as you were not specifically notified, especially if any ordinances or rules were changed in any way.

Go to city hall and file a Freedom of Information Act request for all ordinances relating to the keeping of poultry in your town. I don't recall the timeframe, but it does set a clock into motion requiring them by federal law to provide you with the information requested. Newspapaers and other media use Freedom of Information Act requests all the time.

As far as an order to dismantle your coop, unless you violated codes relating to building permits, they have no legal right to order any such thing.

Sonoran Silkies

You are always so helpful. Even in my previous post.

I think a lot of my constitutional rights Have been violated.

It's one of the reasons we are using our lawyer NOW!

I am sorry, but a city attorney does not issue orders relating to enforcement. The job is to advise the city on legal matters and issue legal opinions so that the city officialscan make decisions based upon the law. So for both the Ordinance Officer and the Township Supervisor to say their hands are tied is disingenuous. Someone is lying. Someone told the Ordinance Officer to give you an ORDER rather than delivering a citation that allows you your day in court, or at least in front of the city council. And even if it had been a citation, someone gave him that duty--he didn;t make it up on his own. Also, you TOLD him whom you had already spoken with, and were ignored.

Quote:
laws are not written that say "two or three"

just 'who' had this meeting ? town officials are not kings and do not make policy on the fly. get the ordanance in writing. good luck.

In most places meetings of public bodies are required to be open to the public, and advance public notification including a posted agenda must be provided for a meeting to be legal, with a very few, very specific types of meetings that are allowed to be closed; this would not be one of those. If you were specifically mentioned at this meeting, your constitutional rights have probably been violated as you were not specifically notified, especially if any ordinances or rules were changed in any way.
72 hours.

Go to city hall and file a Freedom of Information Act request for all ordinances relating to the keeping of poultry in your town. I don't recall the timeframe, but it does set a clock into motion requiring them by federal law to provide you with the information requested. Newspapaers and other media use Freedom of Information Act requests all the time.

As far as an order to dismantle your coop, unless you violated codes relating to building permits, they have no legal right to order any such thing.

Quote:
Just a note:
I was not informed of anything. since said council meeting.
Would it not have been up to them to have given me something in writing at the bare minimum. With the out come of the meeting. Instead of having the police officer here telling me to dismantle and re home my Chickens. Which he did verbally. I was not handed anything in writing.

This whole situation is being dealt with Poorly.
I'm not appreciating it one bit. I feel like I'm in grade school, disputing who gets to swing next.
It is doing nothing To give me Respect for any official. Or their Knowledge on any matter.

ALL RIGHT.......Where is Horsejody??????? She will hook you all up with all the right things to say. She has a way with words, when she gets in on this you will be fully armed for the battle
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom