i don’t know what to do to help this poor bantam chick!

emilyhpppp

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
okay so i’m very new to baby chicken illnesses and what to do about them, we’ve only been incubating them for a little under a year. i have this one chick that looks like it’s insides are coming out, do any of you know how to help me or know what to do?? i tried putting a picture on this but i don’t know if it’ll actually work. any advice is greatly appreciated!!
F523F2CF-5168-43DA-87EB-D4D565E88D2A.jpeg

Did she kick out of the shell like that? Or was it helped?
she’s very very early. Yolk sac isnt absorbed and all the blood is because the veins were still pumping blood in the inner membrane. Itwasn't ready to come out yet.

Did she kick out of the shell like that? Or was it helped?
she’s very very early. Yolk sac isnt absorbed and all the blood is because the veins were still pumping blood in the inner membrane. Itwasn't ready to come out yet.
yes, she hatched out like that, and no, she wasn’t helped. although we did put a a-tip onto the little white bit to help keep it damp because the incubator always dries it out really badly and many of our chicks die because of that. i don’t know if that’s what caused it, but it’s never been a problem before, but either way i still don’t know. is there any chance the little guy might make it?

alrighty thank you for the help! i really do appreciate it lol, i’m the only one in my house that really cares for the babies so it means a lot. i hope you guys have a good one!

If you're having problems with the incubator drying out, try adding a wet sponge or folded up wet washcloth to help hold the humidity.

You can try covering the chick with a dampened piece of paper-toweling (sprayed with a water bottle), not dripping, to help keep it moist while it tries to absorb the yolk. It was about 12-24 hours early.

Are you absolutely positive somebody didnt try helping it hatch thinking it was stuck and drying out? Kids maybe? That is pretty aggressive looking, and blood was clearly dropped from above. Either way, the chick was no where near ready to come out. Ive never heard of one hatching that prematurely on its own. I dont see any chance of it surviving unfortunately :(

there is no way that one will make it and I'd just put it out of its misery if it hasn't died yet.

Carrying on incubating when the OP already knew the settings were not correct is just irresponsible. This is bound to happen and I just could not deal with it.

I just feel sorry for all the eggs in that picture as they won't face a better hatch.

Back
Top Bottom