I don't feel so good.

Cheri

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Dayton, TX
It is hot and muggy and rainy down here. My hubby put our coop right near the low point of the garden. Water gathers there each time it rains and as my toe is really hurting I can't go outside and love on my new babies. Will they let me bond with them when they run in the yard?

I need sympathy. LOL!

Last edited:
hugs.gif
:aww

I don't know where Dayton is but I'm near Greenville so I understand the hot and muggy feeling. I'm really hot right now. I took the kiddos to town to do some errands and have lunch and when we got back home the electric company had turned off my electricity. When I called she said it was for nonpayment of $125. I paid $175! She asked me to prove it and I told her if I had to go to the bank and get a copy of the check I would be taking it to my attorneys office instead of to them. They made the mistake they should fix it. I told her to look at my account and see that I'd had an account with them for over 9 years and never paid late. Not once. She said I had never paid late but that I always paid the day before it was due! I asked her what she meant about that and she said I was always on the disconnect list and I would pay it just in time. I informed her I don't pay it until it is due I'm sorry if they make their disconnect list up a few days in advance. I'm mad and hot. My house is taking forever to cool off now. I'm hoping nothing bad happened to my a/c. It's been over an hour and a half and it still isn't under 85 in the house. She wouldn't even say she was sorry or anything. I'm not through with them. I'm calling tomorrow after me and the house have time to cool off.

When I lived in Texas without A/C during a summer where it got up to 114 degrees, I survived by taking cool baths.

Our chickens have always run over to visit us in the yard. Even if you can't go visit with them now, they'll still want to come see you later.

Texas has the weakest consumer protection laws of any place I have lived. In most states utilities cannot be cut off without notification. I'd complain to the BBB or state regulatory commission. Paying before the bill is due shouldn't get you on a disconnect list. ARGHHH!

I'm still mad about the electricity being cut off on 'accident'. It took 4 hours for the house to cool back down. That means my a/c ran for 4 hours straight which means my electric bill will probably be high. I'm so mad. In Texas you can complain to the Utility Commission. I'm gonna look into that. They should have apoligized and gave me some sort of credit for my inconvenience. And don't forget my embarrassment. They came in a huge boom truck to turn it off and then to turn it back on. My neighbors next door where outside when we got home and were pointing at us. Couldn't figure out why until I got inside and found out I didn't have ELECTRICITY!! They had seen it got cut off and were talking smack about us!

I'm calling today and talking to the supervisor. I want something to be done. I want an apology too. If not I'm gonna call the Utility Commission.

Cheri-Thanks. I talked to the office manager and to no aveil. Nothing is going to be done to the person because she 'made a mistake'. Time to file with the utility commision today. I'm gonna see if it can be done online. I'm too mad to talk calmly with someone. Also our electric company has a main office somewhere in New Mexico I think. I'm gonna call and report the incident to them. I'm still mad. I used to work for a propane company and I posted the payments made by residential and commercial customers. I would have never made that kind of mistake. You match name, address, phone number, and acct. number. How could you make a mistake if you do your job right. I always double checked. If I had someone on a disconnect list that had never been there before I would double check to make sure there hadn't been some sort of mistake. I also sent out several notices before I would send out someone to disconnect them. None of that was done to me or the would have known I had paid. I'll let ya know what comes of this. I'm not finished yet.
barnie.gif

Judy.......you have a potbelly pig! O I had two. One was pignapped out of the yard and the other got too big and needed more room. I loved my piggies. Now I can only have those which we can eat. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom