I Don't Get It.........

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
sad.png
How come when I post the topic "Please Help---cat problem", I only got one reply, yet when someone posts "My New Snake", they get over 200 replies?!? Oh well, I thought if someone asked for help, they might get a little. Thank you, SallyF, for offering your advice.
smile.png

Oops, sorry, I now realise that the snake thing was originally posted in May!
hmm.png
I am just so worried about my kitty.......he will be o.k. now, I'm sure, at least he is safe, and getting plenty of food and water.

Your post was up for about an hour. Today is Monday. There are a lot of people at work. Lots of reasons it only got one reply, sorry you feel sllighted. Hope your kitty is ok -- didn't seem like an emergency thank goodness.
smile.png

Weird...I've had this problem sometimes too. Maybe try putting more info in the subject? That way, if people see that it's somthing they hae experience with, they'l click it.
hu.gif

i.e ''My catis vomiting and I don't know why." Or somthing. Just a guess...

I see this alot ...Why some posts get ignored while others get slammed with stuff..and there are a few good reasons why people don't respond-patience is a virtue when looking for help-sometimes people jump at it because there are alot of people on BYC at that moment

1.) They have't seen the post yet:-(

2.) They don't know an answer to give so they read it and move on:-(

3.) people are working when you are not at the time-been there 100 times...Like I am right now and shouldn't be on the computer
hide.gif

4.) No ones gets their posts gets ignored intentionally or because they only have 1 post or 10,000-it's just a waiting game unfortunately-those who know the answers jump on board-sometimes people will state sympathy and well wishes to "bump" the thread to help the OP get noticed more-or simply move on. None of this can be helped-you either get answers or you don't:-(

I dont know which kitty thread you are talking about but I'll look and see if I can help:)

Don't worry, I've been here for awhile and people still ignore me.... LOL Seriously, give it some time and hopefully someone will know an answer. Not everyone has experience with your problem. It might seem like no one is helping, but many people may be asking others and gathering info for you. Some of us just don't know and don't want to post wrong info....
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom