i dont know where to post this....

kerrysmommy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
My house :]
i am looking for silkie hatching eggs around ny. and wanted to know if there was a way to get them so they hatch when they get to me..............pm for any sales/offers im looking for just a couple and i would like all the colors besides whites and roosters and hens so i can start breeding them
thanks
kerrysmommy

i reckon you can find 'em down by mcmurray hatchery! Yall better get down there now and order some, i reckon
old.gif

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantams_chicks.html

Quote:
I believe you either have to hatch them (21 days in an incubator) yourself, or get chicks. They can't be mailed while they are "growing" in the egg and hatch when they get to you. THere is a "Want to Buy" section in the Index to post things like this. Good luck, there seems to be tons of silkie breeders on BYC.

they might have some at the hatchies if they have a waiting list put youor name on it and they just call you. at this time of year they dont have enough to say they are avaliable but they may have enough for you to order some if you put your name on the list

I am on Long Island, have a doz in the bator due to hatch in 2 wks, also have a friend setting 40 eggs tomorrow. All should be blue/black/splash, the stock is originally from CJ's. May have a 3rd breeder, also on LI.
I will probably have some pet quality silkies at a show in NJ next Saturday, in the sales cages. That is Sussex County, in Sparta.

It is very hard to ship silkies in cooler weather. I would suggest you pick them up as babies. Most breeders do not ship silkies until they are several weeks old because they are so frail and they should not be shipping in weather that is too cold for them.

If you wish to try hatching eggs, I have an auction for silkie hatching eggs in the auction section.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=583938

Great luck in your venture. Nancy

thanks everyone for ur advise. my mom is being stoburn and wont let me get more chickens and we dont have a "chicken fund" all our hens stopped laying and more thn half our flock got eaten by a fox tht i shot
smile.png
so i am trying to figure out how to make money so we can buy food and shavings for the chickens and hopefully have a surplus money to get a few more.
thanks,
kerrysmommy

Back
Top Bottom