I feel ignorant!

Quote:
I thought white leghorn chicks were brown?

The ones I have are yellow chicks, getting in white feathers.

Quote:
I thought white leghorn chicks were brown?

The ones I have are yellow chicks, getting in white feathers.

Thank you. I was misinformed by poor internet images!

As for orpingtons, the ones I've had an opportunity to glance at over at Southern States appear to be yellow with white feathers coming in. Does that mean the ones I saw were white orpintons or is it possible the feathers darken to that buff color as they get older?

Last edited:
their age is another mystery. The person at TS said they had had the chicks for 2 weeks (this was on Tuesday of this week) but she didn't know how old they were when they were shipped to them. Again, frustrating. With everything I've read on here about the growth of feathers I'm guessing about 3 weeks?

Oh, please, don't feel ignorant! I buy shipped eggs from auctions and once the chicks are out, I only have a clue on a few of 'em. And I've raised close to a hundred chickens.... I wait until they are older to confirm my guesses or sometimes even give me a clue. And I have a friend who has told me what certain chicks are, even when they're 12 weeks old. I just like 'em pretty. Unless I have a hatch of JUST ONE BREED at a time (and I remember what I bought), I can only tell the really obvious ones.

Those little yeller fluffy chicks could be just about any of the MANY breeds which hatch out fluffy yeller chicks.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom