I feel silly even posting this...

I'm 99% sure these two are cockerels, but we ordered sexed chicks so just to be sure...

Gold Laced Wyandottes, just shy of 4 months old. The two in the front of this photo with greenish tails. No crowing yet. Generally very nice dispositions. They always defer to the older hens (we have a mixed age flock).

Pullets or cockerels?

20191209_080745.jpg

I'm 99% sure these two are cockerels, but we ordered sexed chicks so just to be sure...
Don't feel silly....you don't know until you know ;)
Definitely males.....you can tell by the the long, skinny, pointed feathers growing from in front of tail and around neck.

Most hatcheries claim 90% accuracy in vent sexing.

Difficult yo see? Or... Maybe sold 2 cockerels as hens on purpose?

Traders (the mean ones) in the Netherlands often like to sell cockerels as pullets to people who have no or little experience. Sometimes they even sell sick chickens. Grrrr:he:hit

Difficult yo see? Or... Maybe sold 2 cockerels as hens on purpose?
They are in the US, so probably ordered sexed chicks from a hatchery.

Traders (the mean ones) in the Netherlands often like to sell cockerels as pullets to people who have no or little experience. Sometimes they even sell sick chickens. Grrrr
This happens all over the world.

Gold Laced Wyandottes, just shy of 4 months old. The two in the front of this photo with greenish tails. No crowing yet. Generally very nice dispositions. They always defer to the older hens (we have a mixed age flock).

Pullets or cockerels?

View attachment 1978400
Boys.

Can you get a better picture of the one in the very back of this photo?
It might be a boy too.

Back
Top Bottom