I feel so bad, I swore at my kids today.

Quote:
Ditto. Trying to be creative in managing your kids is the secret----they learn real quick if you don't mean what you say or not follow through on a promise. Sincerity---once you can fake that, you've got it made.

Just wait until the get flip mouthed and you not only swear but you do so while grabbing them by the shirt and dragging them to their room so they do not get lost before they get there.

Lordy, I grabbed my son one day, spun him around and dragged him down the hall to his room...the entire time saying things like "I have no * idea where you suddenly lost your * mind to think you can speak to me that way but if you ever do it again I will beat your * till you cannot grow anymore"...then tossed him in his room, slammed the door and went outside to talk to my plants so I did not go back in there and repeat the same process again. He will be 26 years old in a few months and survived it well. He also learned what I would tolerate and what I would not...he acted accordingly.

The tough thing about being a good parent...it can really bite the big one some days. They bounce back and they are not scarred for life over it...even when you lose it and smack them in their smart mouth...they live. They also remember it and usually avoid getting smacked again. Too bad they do not come with an on/off switch so we can just turn them off for an hour or two when we need peace.

Last edited:
I don't have kids, but both of my parents were driven to swearing quite often. They never apologized and didn't need to. When calmer, they told me exactly where I had gone wrong and that it was not tolerated. And once again reinforced the rule about the usage of some words was restricted to adults only. I'll never forget the 15th birthday when I was allowed to say "hell" from the on. My Dad gave me formal permission and also the ground rules. I wore that word out for 2-3 days!
lau.gif

Oh I am much more annoying as a parent. I start screaming all through the house (acting like them)"I can't believe she did that to me...she started the whole thing, and I just can't believe I have to put up with this all the time...Mom did you see that? Mom MOMMMMM did you see that?!" or whatever they are fighting about...I carry on for about 15 minutes until I have made an absolute circus of the whole house...kids laughing at me, DH looking at me like I have lost my mind, dogs hiding under beds, baby chicks in a pile in their brooder box. Then when that wears off I will take turns following them around asking them stupid questions like "whatcha doin?" "can I help" "will you take me to the malllll?" blah blah blah. It only takes once a month of giving them a GOOD healthy dose of the poop they dish out. I think you and DH should start fighting in their bedroom, and follow them all over and not let them have a break for an hour or so. When they see how they are acting....it's funny, but they get it, and it's actually fun, because you get to exaggerate their behavior and helps you get over being so peeved. I don't recommend this in public though
big_smile.png
You might wind up in a tight little white jacket unable to move your arms very much.

Sigh. I have done this as well. Though I have to be REALLY worked up. And the swearing is decidedly less with one than it was with five.
roll.png

If you feel really strongly about cussin', then you should apologize for using words that they will most definitely be punished for using.
wink.png
Just tell them you were really frustrated, but that was no excuse.

Or tell them, "My first thought was to knock your heads together, but swearing seemed much more humane."
rant.gif

I once told my kids -- in a scary-quiet voice -- "You'd better leave the room now. For your safety." It was one of those shining moments when they did exactly what I told them to, without any argument.

Someday, they'll understand. It's the revenge every mom dreams about from time to time . . .

I believe all have said what they regretted.....I have ..... A sincere heart and soul felt apology and then to say "you pushed me to the limits" , I should have not done this, I was not a good example of "mother", Christian mother, whatever you want to say.

I take this moment to say that parenting is the hardest thing you will ever do, but if You show them how to be contrite and that you are not this way and that "you fall short of the mark", that can be important.

Now all that said, it's good that there are no children on the farm as the other day I was chasing a particular poultry, and I fell face down on a tree stump leaving me with a bruise on my knee about the size of a grapefruit...thought I'd broken that thing So anyway, I screamed at the poultry (will not say if boy or girl) when I get up and if I'm not broken, I'm going to blank, blank, blank kill you!

About that time, a customer's car drove up wanting some bunnies,,,,it's a really good thing their windows were rolled up.....

MMMMMM.....

Back
Top Bottom