I feel so bad!!

Allieshoe12

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
I was taking out the unfertilized eggs this morning and didn’t realize one was fertile, I feel awful for killing it. Now I only have one egg left that I know is fertile and alive. :(

was it a dark egg?

As long as it doesn’t smell, It won’t hurt to leave an egg in the incubator.

If the egg gives off a rotten smell when you sniff it, you should toss it out. But this is rare.

I saw on another thread that you’re on day 3, and these are duck eggs? Next time wait until day 10 or so to make any decisions on tossing eggs. I’m sure it’s happened to most Hatchers at least once. :hugs :hugs

I saw on another thread that you’re on day 3, and these are duck eggs? Next time wait until day 10 or so to make any decisions on tossing eggs. I’m sure it’s happened to most Hatchers at least once. :hugs :hugs
Oh my. I have since seen another post from OP that the remaining egg might be a double yolker? Double yolkers rarely make it. If it is a double, I'd not add anymore eggs. If it's a single yolk egg, I'd add more eggs so you don't have a lonely baby.

OP I feel like you may need to do some more research on incubating eggs and candling them. You've made a lot of rapid-fire posts with some serious concerns...

Thanks! I’m really new to this it was day 4 when I tossed it, this is my first time incubating eggs, really appreciate all the help!

Back
Top Bottom