I fell in love with a turkey.

wildone

Songster
5 Years
Jan 23, 2018
i started volunteering at a bird sanctuary a while ago, and i fell in love with a turkey. it is THE SWEETEST THING. i never knew turkeys could be this friendly. i hope that i might be able to adopt it sometime. it is just so nice. it will walk up to you, and snuggle against you, and it will let you pet it. i have never thought of turkeys as really friendly, but this adorable turkey has stolen my heart. :p

I have seven like that. All uniquely individual. I’ve heard it said that breeders have bred out any ill tempered natures because could you imagine a turkey on a mission like some of the man fighting roosters do- only at a staggering 50lbs?! Holy cow. It would be a mess. I’ve also heard you’ll get one with a volatile temperament now and then. I’ve never met a mean turkey. They are so great. The dog of the poultry world who inherently loves humans.

I have seven like that. All uniquely individual. I’ve heard it said that breeders have bred out any ill tempered natures because could you imagine a turkey on a mission like some of the man fighting roosters do- only at a staggering 50lbs?! Holy cow. It would be a mess. I’ve also heard you’ll get one with a volatile temperament now and then. I’ve never met a mean turkey. They are so great. The dog of the poultry world who inherently loves humans.
I've had a few hens that wanted a piece of me. They eventually became dinner. A few toms made me uncomfortable enough that they also went. Most are docile and friendly, but occasionally one is a nutter.

Turkeys can express really interesting personalities. There was a Hispanic clan in town that had a pet tom. He would attend all 'family' outdoor activities. He would even fan and strut to the music.
I knew a woman who raised a BBB tom. He would sit at the dinner table with them right up until he was invited as the guest of honor for Thanksgiving of his second year when he weighed 75 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom