I found a black egg!!!!

SarahJane_G

Chirping
Jul 15, 2020
IMG_20210328_122911.jpg
Help!!! This morning I found this egg on the floor of the coop.. my usual duck eggs on the right, cant see it being a hen eggs as Iv bantams but never received an egg like this before, I have little black call ducks though I believed to be Pomeranians. #clueless #ducks #blackeggs

View attachment 2588746Help!!! This morning I found this egg on the floor of the coop.. my usual duck eggs on the right, cant see it being a hen eggs as Iv bantams but never received an egg like this before, I have little black call ducks though I believed to be Pomeranians. #clueless #ducks #blackeggs
Any spray painter would be impressed with that work!

I was going to say it's a Cayuga egg but as Sourland says, it's probably another duck with Cayuga DNA.

It's possible that one of your 'little black call ducks' may either be a Cayuga or may have Cayuga DNA. That would explain the egg color. Generally they lighten as the duck gets further into her laying cycle.
So she's not long started laying eggs (got her as a duckling summer20) but they are usually blueish... This startled me!!!

Back
Top Bottom