I found some kind of worms in my chicken scat, don't know what kind. Can I just order a broad spect

Brtoadspectrum dewormed or I need to tak down the type of worm and buy dewormed specific to it?
What did the worm look like? How many chickens do you have? Do you want to worm them one-by-one orally or do you want something that you can put in their water?

Go to your local feed store and get Wazine or some other form of Piperazine. Tell the feed store people what you are doing. They will likely give you Wazine. It is a broad, poultry friendly medication that is easily given in their water and is effective. It is for chickens. It has very clear dosing instructions for chickens. You dont have to know what kind of worm. It kills them all.

Go to your local feed store and get Wazine or some other form of Piperazine. Tell the feed store people what you are doing. They will likely give you Wazine. It is a broad, poultry friendly medication that is easily given in their water and is effective. It is for chickens. It has very clear dosing instructions for chickens. You dont have to know what kind of worm. It kills them all.
Actually, Wazine (piperazine) does not kill all worms, it kills only large roundworms.

Tapeworms will not be killed by wazine unfortunately. Luckily, tapes are rare. I agree with the above advice to nail down what worm you are dealing with before treating. No use in treating and going through egg withdrawal if it's not even killing the problem. Good luck, keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom