I got a puppy! Meet Pixel, the Mini American Shepherd.

Aussie' 'hobbit' feet can be a real pita.
I had to keep mine trimmed up especially in the winter to avoid snowballs twixt the toes/pads.

So I just got a new DNA relative match on Embark - another puppy from Pixel's litter. Half MAS and half CKC, just like her. So she's not the only one!

I just sent them a message and we'll see if they respond. I kinda wanna suss out if the breeder did what she should have done and let all the other puppy parents know that their dogs might be mixes. This is however the first other dog from the litter that's come up on Embark.

Now that could mean that the other dogs were purebred and didn't have the same father so they aren't coming up as matches, I suppose, but I'm not sure. Or the other people could have used a cheaper test like Wisdom Panel. But it could also mean the breeder never told anyone else and this is the first other puppy to do DNA.

So I just got a new DNA relative match on Embark - another puppy from Pixel's litter. Half MAS and half CKC, just like her. So she's not the only one!

I just sent them a message and we'll see if they respond. I kinda wanna suss out if the breeder did what she should have done and let all the other puppy parents know that their dogs might be mixes. This is however the first other dog from the litter that's come up on Embark.

Now that could mean that the other dogs were purebred and didn't have the same father so they aren't coming up as matches, I suppose, but I'm not sure. Or the other people could have used a cheaper test like Wisdom Panel. But it could also mean the breeder never told anyone else and this is the first other puppy to do DNA.
She's adorable. That is kind of annoying about her not being pure. I know mixes are just as good but with farm animals it's nice to have pure ones to know their temperament. We just got a little boxer puppy 3 weeks ago. He's 14 weeks now and finally is potty trained. Super smart breed and doesn't even care about the chickens.

Attachments

• IMG_20220802_155027_040.jpg
    IMG_20220802_155027_040.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 4
I just sent them a message and we'll see if they respond. I kinda wanna suss out if the breeder did what she should have done and let all the other puppy parents know that their dogs might be mixes.
Do you think they would admit it?
Not much of a breeder if they don't know who the babydaddy is.
Is it important to know you have a pure or mix because of showing the dog,
or because you payed more for a pure and got a mix?

Do you think they would admit it?
Not much of a breeder if they don't know who the babydaddy is.
Is it important to know you have a pure or mix because of showing the dog,
or because you payed more for a pure and got a mix?

I dunno if the breeder would, but I'm hoping this new owner will tell me if she was informed this was a possibility after I had contacted the breeder.

In my case it's more I wanted a dog for a specific purpose, so I picked out a certain breed to fit that. Not getting that could be a problem. Luckily she's still great with my birds but what if she had actually been mixed with, say, Jack Russel? Could have had a real prey drive issue.

Also no one should pay thousands for mixed breed puppies, so there is that.

She does know who the father must be - she only has one male intact CKC. She sent me a picture of him. Still don't know why he had access to the mom while she was in heat - breeder blamed her teenage daughter for that, said she must have let them together.

Back
Top Bottom