I got a ring today!!! ((PICS))

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
I had an awesome day today, SO and I spent the day with my side of the family at my folks' house and we had an awesome time. But alas, around midnight it was time to say our goodbyes and head home. When we got home, and it was just the two of us standing in front of our Christmas tree, he got down on his knee and gave me this:

29831_ring.jpg

29831_ring2.jpg

It isn't an engagement ring, but a pre-engagement promise ring. We want to wait until I am done with nursing school, but his words were "I want you to wear this ring knowing that as soon as you are done with college, I will replace it with an engagement ring, and we will spend the rest of our lives together. I want to grow old with you."

I cried. And when I was done crying he explained to me that before I got up this morning, he had asked my mother if she liked it (of course she burst into tears!) and asked my father's approval of his long-term plans. I cried more when he told me that after my dad gave him his approval, he kept looking at the floor, trying not to cry...

You would have thought I would have picked up the hint when my mother was calling him my "hubby" all day
roll.png

Best. Christmas. EVER!

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
What a blessed gift on such a blessed day! Now you have your very first Christmas story to tell each year as you sit around the tree with family and friends. Those are the kinds of traditions that the holiday is about, not all the commercial veneer that's gotten glossed onto it by Madison Ave. Congratulations, and best wished for a long and fruitful life together.

Congratulations.

BUT!!! If you truly love each other. WHY WAIT?

Could he not be a help meet and support for you as you go to school???

OK, I'll but out now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Back
Top Bottom