i got bit by a mouse!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Littlecimarron18, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    what do i do?!?!
    it bit my finger seems like clear to the bone!.
    it bled alot.
    any ideas?

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    if it bled alot that is good, washes it out. I would clean it well, disinfect it and call your doctor.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Pet mouse or wild mouse? I had a hamster bite through my finger to where you could see the two teeth wounds from the top side of my nail... he was a pet though and I just washed it off... not sure what you should do if it was a wild mouse.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Is this a wild mouse or one you have as a pet?

Edit: Looks like I was thinking the same as you, silkie, just a touch slower. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Wash it thoroughly and go to the dr tomorrow!!!!

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have been bit by a wild mouse before. You need hydrogen peroxide. Make sure your finger hasbeen cleaned then use it then bandage

7. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    it was a wild mouse that managed to get in my feed bin. i washed it while i was out there and sprayed blue kote on it. i just washed it with peroxide and bandaged it.
    My doctor isnt in today.
    u think this can wait till tomorrow?

8. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    If it was a wild mouse i would be calling the ER and asking them what I should do! How did you get bit by a mouse?[​IMG]

9. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have been bit by a wild mouse before. You need hydrogen peroxide. Make sure your finger hasbeen cleaned then use it then bandage

We arent doctor. We cant safely give out human medical advice.....just to be safe, I would call your Dr. tomorrow and just leave a message or speak with a nurse. I am SURE you are fine, but cant take that chance. Wild mice (if it is wild) carry diseases that are zoonotic.​

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    if it starts to get infected after a few hours then got to the hospital ASAP. I hope you are ok though and keep us updated

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by